Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thank You!

In a few hours we will head to the Atlanta airport at the ridiculous hour of 3am. But, we have to be there 3 hours before our first flight takes off, so we'll do what we have to do. We're taking the stroller. I'll get Olivia into it (she's almost too big) and let her go back to sleep.
I think everything is packed. If not - it's not going. Debbi already has the bags in her van and I'm glad. I can't mess with them anymore.
I have a binder with all the important documents and a waist belt with a bunch of money. I'm ready to go! I think I'll try to take a nap first, though.
We wouldn't be making this trip if it weren't for the help of some other people. So I need to send out some thank yous. First is to Grandpa Howard who graciously loaned us the seed money to get the adoption started. Dr. Page, Mark's cardiologist, wrote a wonderful and supportive letter for our dossier explaining that Mark's high blood pressure wasn't a problem (the Chinese are very picky about that stuff), Aunt Lori helped us get through the US Immigration experience faster than expected and Donna Straight and the Perry's of our local adoption group have given us invaluable advice. There are probably alot more people I need to thank, but my brain is kinda fried right now, so I'll have to do that at a later date.
Now all we have to worry about is possible quarantine! Pray that no one sneezes on the flight to Beijing. They'll be taking our temperatures before they let us off the plane.
Pray for us!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see her in your arms! Looking forward to following you guys along your life changing journey. Get that baby home so we can squeeze on her. Have a wonderful and safe journey!!
    --
    Donna Straight

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God be with you on this wonderful journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you all a safe trip. Can't wait to see her. You guys have worked so hard to make this happen. I'm praying everything goes wonderfully in China. Looking forward to meeting my new "niece".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it safe and sound. Looking forward to Gotcha Day!

    ReplyDelete