Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Mark Story

Mark is working midnight shift this week. So he sleeps during the day.
When Olivia and I got back from her swimming lesson yesterday, I went to check on him. He wasn't in bed. He wasn't in the bathroom. He wasn't in any of the other bedrooms or bathrooms. He wasn't in the basement. He wasn't out back working on Olivia's (and Brooke's!) new (used) playgym. I checked the driveway again to make sure his car was there and he really was supposed to be on the property. Where could he be???????
As a last resort, I opened the door to our walk-in closet. The door bumped and stopped against his leg, on the floor. He was lying on the floor!!!!!!! I screamed out loud! Had he had some kind of attack??? Was he dead on the floor???????? Call 911!!! Call 911!!!
Then, suddenly I saw it - the pillow under his head. He was sleeping in the closet.
He never even stirred when I screamed. I just left him there since he rarely gets enough sleep when he works that shift.
Later he explained that it was dark and quiet and he'd slept quite well. I explained that he'd almost given me heart failure.
Today I found him in the same place after swim lessons. Except - he left the door cracked with his foot sticking out. It was kinda funny, since it looked like a homicide scene from an episode of Law & Order or CSI.
You gotta love him...

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that is too funny! You should have taken a pic of his foot sticking out of the closet!

    ReplyDelete