Sunday, June 28, 2009

Morning in Zhengzhou

Olivia is doing much better. We think it may have been exhaustion from 20 hours of flying, 2 overly-hot and overly-busy days in Beijing and then a very bumpy and hot ride from Beijing to Zhengzhou. She's eating and drinking small amounts and not puking, so I think we are on the mend. Thank goodness!! NOW I can feel excited about meeting Brooke in 4 hours! When your child is sick, it overshadows EVERYthing.
And again: THANK GOD FOR DEBBI. She has been the ultimate lifesaver. Sheez!!!! And the families traveling with us have been incredible - grabbing our bags in the airport, sharing medicines and just being there. Thank you to them in a BIG way.

4 comments:

  1. We are so glad that Olivia is feeling better - what a relief!! We are very excited and nervous for you as the moment if finally here!!! The memories of the orphanage director calling out our name to get Ella and finally holding her was magical!! At this point, nothing will be the same as it was - amazing!! Please keep sending photos and updates as we appreciate it!!

    Love- the Lazar's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear she is feeling better. I can't wait to see Gotcha photos!!!! Hoping for an easy transition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that Olivia has been sick and so glad that she is better. I felt a little sick the 2 weeks that we were there. The whole time change thing, diet, just being away from home, does take a toll on you. My then 3 year old had diarrhea for many days and I was worried, but everybody and everything turned out just perfect!
    Looking forward to photos of Brooke. I can't wait to hear all about Olivia and Brooke together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister Debbi really is quite something...I'm quite certain you couldn't have picked a better travel companion..

    her brother...

    ReplyDelete