Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Riding the Leaves

No, I'm not ready for Christmas. And there are only 9 days left...
But I'm meeting with a Chinese professor at the local university tomorrow. He is going to "verify" that the English translation of our adoption documents is accurate. We'll then have all the documents (I think...) that we need to complete Brooke's "re-adoption". Re-adopting her in the States means that she'll be made part of the vital statistics of Georgia and can obtain a US birth certificate. Her place of birth will be listed as China, but it will look like everybody else's birth certificate and avoid a LOT of hassles for her in the future. So, I may not be ready for Christmas, but I'll be ready for Court in early January!

Here's a little video of the girls playing in our front yard. It gives me a very good excuse not to rush out and clean up all the leaves. (Besides, I'm having too much fun steaming all the wallpaper out of the kitchen...)

I hope we get at least one good snow this year, since it would be so much fun for the girls!

2 comments:

  1. So did you have troubles with the readopt making you get that? What county are you in?
    --
    Donna Straight

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in Cherokee. Our court date is Jan 11. I've sent a letter to the court telling them who did the verification they requested and asking if he's acceptable to them. They also want to see the original IR-4 visa, but we have an IH-3, so I've informed them about that. I want everything ok'd before we get to court. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Have a great Christmas!! - Heidi

    ReplyDelete