Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pre-Thanksgiving

Brooke loves her extra large Barbie doll. She drags it all over the house and dresses it in her clothes. She didn't want to nap one day and decided it might work better of Barbie had to nap with her. Of course, she didn't sleep at all.

Olivia dresses up once again. She loves putting together "loud" outfits. Some days they clash horribly and some days they actually look pretty good. I'm not sure what this look is called. But it makes me worry about her turning 15...



Brooke just likes to wrestle with daddy and get tickled. She has the happiest little laugh!

The other week, we were playing with the dogs. I swung around to chase Smoochy and came head-to-head with Brooke. I felt like I'd rammed my head into a cement wall. All I could think (through the pain) was - what have I done to Brooke?!?! And she's just standing there laughing and pointing at mommy, like it's so funny mommy is moaning in pain!! Since my head hurt so bad, I figured I'd cracked her skull at the very least. But the impact didn't even phase her! It turned out my point of impact was on the edge of my eye socket, right on the end of my eyebrow, an extra sensitive area, I guess. I had to use the girls' boo-boo bear! It hurt for a week. And I got a "black eye" above my eye, along the lid. Well, now we know we have a very hard-headed China doll.
Brooke models Olivia's pre-K Spider Hat, one of her Halloween activities. (Naked, as usual.)



It's time to rake leaves. But mommy just gets out the mower and "vaccuums" them.



Mark being abused as a "horsie". He's a really good sport and carries the girls around the house. They love it and wear him out.




The week before Thanksgiving, Olivia's pre-k had a Thankgiving Feast at her school. Mark had to work, so Debbi babysat Brooke (no siblings were allowed) and mom got to have lunch with her big girl. The parents found their assigned seats and then the kids came out with a song to greet us.

All the kids had a Thanksgiving poem decorated with their hand prints/turkey pics. We took it home and used it to decorate there, too.



All the food was great! Every family was assigned a dish to bring. We had it easy, since I signed up early and got "Apple Pie" duty. (Thank you, Paula Dean. Those apple pies you made for me were excellent, by the way.)


Olivia and her teacher, Miss Kathleen, and teaching-assistant Miss Tia.


Then there was the photo op with some of Olivia's friends...



The place settings at the tables were marked with construction paper leaves the kids had written on. Olivia was thankful for neighbors, food, and her cats and dogs. She also painted a picture of Grandma Sally as another thing she was thankful for. Miss Kathleen seems to be saving that, since we haven't gotten to take it home yet.


After the feast, Olivia got to go home early. Aunt Debbi was taking care of Brooke - thank you, Debbi! Debbi has only had to watch Brooke a few times. Twice, Brooke has given her a stinky "gift" to deal with. I hadn't thought to tell her where the diapers were kept, since I was only going to be gone an hour. Poor Debbi!!!! Thank heavens she has a great sense of humor!!



The girls went to visit Grandpa Howard on his birthday. You'd never guess he's 81!!!!!!!


Brooke wasn't too keen about swinging when she first came home. But now she's getting to love it. Especially when her big sister pushes her!



Brooke is excited about going to gymnastics now. After her first tearful lesson, everything has been smooth sailing. She LOVES it! Here, she is climbing the wall. (She scrambles up the monkey bars at our local playground with little trouble.)




Here she is at the end of class. So proud!!! What a smile!


Here's the sunroom/playroom. It was SO bad, I had to take a picture. How can 2 little girls do so much damage? (It couldn't be that they have too many toys, could it?) Yes, they have to clean it up.


We're going to have a family portrait done after the holidays. I was wondering if the girls still fit into their China dresses. Luckily, they do! Brooke was really happy to wear her dress again.




Lastly, another picture of our tortured dogs. What a hard life they lead. Sleep, sleep, sleep, all day long. What's a dog to do??? (l to r: Jingle, Lucy and Smoochy)

Next up: Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment