Monday, May 4, 2009

Provisional Approval!

We were notified today by US Immigration that we have "Provisional Approval" for our I-800: Petition to Classify Convention Adoptee as an Immediate Relative"!! We faxed a copy to our adoption agency and all of the necessary paperwork is winging it's way to the US Consulate in Guangzhou, China as I type, for delivery tomorrow. Thank you, FedEx. They have to sign off on our LOA and then they send everything to the CCAA (Chinese Adoption Authority) who then works on issuing our Travel Approval. I don't know what, if any, effect the swine flu will have on our timeline, but I'm not really worried. It seems to by dying down already. The clock is really ticking!!! I'll order "new money" from our bank this week for the trip. China inspects the bills you exchange and won't accept any with tears, rips or deep creases. It's easier to just get new bills and avoid any hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment