Friday, February 12, 2010

AArrgghhh!

When I picked up Olivia from school yesterday, she calmly told me that I had forgotten to have her do her home work. It had been due Monday (4 days earlier). The kids had to draw or paste pictures of things they would find in outer space on a sheet of paper. I told her we'd do it tonight and maybe her teacher could still put it in the book the kids had made. (That paper had gotten mixed in with other homework due at the end of the month, and I overlooked it. Bad mommy.)
When I got to school this morning, Miss Kathleen had a story for me.

At lunch on Thursday, Olivia had suddenly burst into tears, sobbing at her lunch table. Miss Kathleen had asked her what was wrong. Olivia had sobbed that she hadn't done her Monday homework. (Remember this is 4 days later.) Miss Kathleen told her it was ok, but then Olivia says she didn't have the homework because... I WOULDN'T LET HER DO IT.

Miss Kathleen thought it was quite funny. Thank heavens the woman has a very good sense of humor. She told me she knew that wasn't true, but she thought I should know about it.

Why do I have this horrible feeling that I'm going to find DFCS (Dept. Children & Family Svcs) on my doorstep one day after Olivia says something crazy like that when she's older??????? (That actually happened to one of Mark's co-workers...)

AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! It's already started and she's only FIVE!!!!!!!

1 comment: