Thursday, September 3, 2009

She's Official!

It's been awhile since I posted last, and there's lots to catch up on. The first important thing to happen was: Ke Xin received her Certificate of Citizenship from the Dept of Homeland Security!!!!!!! She became a citizen as soon as we landed in Newark on the way home from China (July 11th), but now she has the paper to back it up. I was excited, so she got all excited and I got a really cute shot of her with her certificate. (Then I had to take it away before she mangled it.)

This happened on August 27th. The thing that made it extra special was that same day marked the one-year anniversary of receiving her referral from CCAI! It was one year ago that I opened up the email from our agency and saw her face for the very first time. I was jumping all around the house clapping my hands and "whoo-hooing" and Olivia thought I had lost my mind. Then I called Mark at work and he ran to his computer. It seemed like so long ago, but that is really a short time in the world of adoption, especially from China. We were so surprised to hear from the agency, because we'd only been waiting 4 months and hadn't even finished our home study yet. We were in no hurry since we didn't expect to get a referral until at least January of this year. At that point, we went into "rush" mode, but it still took until the end of June 2009 to get her. The wheels of government move slowly... But she was well worth the wait!!!
Here are the "then" and "now" shots of our girl. She is such a joy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment